Thursday, November 15, 2012

My Review Of Wicked Fate/Interview


Blurb:
What if you lived in fear of yourself?

For Mage McPherson being afraid of herself is just the norm. Thanks to that fear, being a loner in a small town never bothered the mysterious Mage. Once she received her secret abilities, she figured being alone was the safest way to be. That all changes during her sophomore year at Summerville High when Adam, her equally mysterious secret crush, starts to notice her.

Afraid that she might harm Adam, Mage must learn to either control or deny herself. With Adam by her side she's more powerful than she’s ever been, but is she powerful enough to defeat her worst nightmare? She learns a hard lesson about love and magic when her destiny comes to collect.
 

My Review
I Really loved this book, I could go on about it, but i can't give u to many spoilers about the book. Mage is a teenager who is in high school no one talks to her or even looks at her. Then a New Girl comes to school and wants to be Mage's friend at first she doesn't accepted it, then she does. Mage has a special gift, at first she didn't know it was special until she find out more about it and her and her family. I Loved Everything about this book, there wasn't anything i didn't like about it. I Really could go on about this awesome book, but am not you just have to read it and find out for yourself.  Once you start this awesome book you want be able to put it down, you would want to know what happens next.


Interview


        1.       How did you come with the title?
The original title for this book was Magic, but something about it just didn’t feel good. So I changed it to The Flame Collector, but again I wasn’t 100% happy with it. After many days of thinking it over and bouncing words around, I came up with Wicked Fate. Those two words describe my book perfectly and I like the fact that each word has a different feel. Wicked feels evil and sinister and Fate has a relieving, happy feel. I don’t know…maybe I’m just weird.

2.       Did you always wanted to write? If so Why?
 I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember. It’s a big part of my life and saved me quite a bit when I was growing up. Life wasn’t always easy for me and when things got crazy I’d dive into a story and lose myself in another world. I survived my teenage years thanks to my writing. 

3.       Is there going to be a second book? If so what is the title of it?
Wicked Fate is the first book of the Wicked Trilogy. I’m working on book two now, but there is no title as of yet. I know it will start with Wicked and then I’ll do another play on words. I just have to find a “good feeling” word that matches the content of book two.

4.       What inspired you to write this book?

When I was younger I was always doing strange things, nothing as extreme as what Mage can do, but still things that I questioned.  My grandmother used to tell me that I was really tuned in to the emotions of others. I don’t know how I do it, but I can always tell when someone around me is sad or if something is bothering someone.  I’m the chick that can tell you that you’re pregnant before you even know. And on occasion, I’ve been known to see or sense a person who has passed away. Yes, I’m aware of how strange this all sounds…trust me…I KNOW!
Anyway, I ran with that. I used to lie awake at night and think, “Wouldn’t it be cool if there was a girl who could do this? Or that? My imagination ran wild. So, at fourteen, I had the entire storyline for the Wicked Trilogy in my head.

5.       If you could would you write anything besides this kind of book?
 I have several books in the works. I can write just about anything as long as it has a romance aspect to it. I won’t read anything that doesn’t have some form of romance.

6.       What was the most difficult part while writing this book?
Editing. Some of my favorite parts of this book didn’t make it to the final copy. When you edit, things changes…characters change. Because of that, there are several lines that were taken out that I absolutely love.

7.       If you could would you make any changes to the book? If so what? 
This book has gone through so many changes already. I can honestly say that at this point, my book is exactly what I want it to be. I wouldn’t change a thing.

8.       How did you come up with the characters names?
 Adam’s name was originally Adam West.  I don’t know how I came up with his name, he kind of named himself. Then I was like…duh! I can’t use that name because of Batman. So, for days I was trying to figure out what last name to give Adam. Then one day I was driving down the road and I passed a neighborhood around here called Westcott Plantation and it was like…Ding ding ding!  It just worked.
 With Mage, it was a little bit different. I went online looking for unique names. I typed in Greek names, gothic names, and different kinds of fantasy creatures. On the Google search a word popped out at me…MAGE. I thought it was so cool! So researched it and come to find out a Mage is a magical being in training. It fit the character and her situation perfectly.  Her name’s been Mage ever since.

9.       If there is going to be a second book could u tell us anything about it? 
Book two is going to be amazing! I’m really excited to get it out there for everyone.  The ideas that I’ve put into it are fresh and let’s just say…Adam becomes a character that I’m really excited to bring to life. 

AUTHOR BIO:
Tabatha has been writing since she could pick up a pencil. Her first publication was a little poem in her elementary school paper, from that point on she was hooked. When she was a teenager, she traded in her girly magazines for personalized writing notebooks.
At nineteen, she met her own personal prince charming and writing took a back burner for a while. She is now married to that prince and the mother of a beautiful Six year old princess/rock star. Once her daughter was born, writing came back into her life, and she finished her very first novel in May of 2009.
She is pursuing a Bachelors in English and hopes to one day teach while continuing to write.
As a stay-at-home mom and full-time student, Tabatha enjoys the freedom of spending a good bit of her days doing what she loves the most…writing.




Links:


2 comments: