Saturday, March 2, 2013

Interview By Cyndia Rios-Myers


Interview By The Awesome Author Cyndia Rios-Myers



Where were you born and where do you call home? 

I was born in Boston, Massachusetts, but currently call San Diego, California home.  


Tell us about something that has just happened or is about to happen in your life that you would like to share.


My husband, son and I just moved into our new home! Or, our 52 year old home, I should say.  We had a plumbing nightmare, courtesy of a lovely "mature" tree.  Also, we've installed hardwood flooring and baseboards throughout our home.  I am constantly looking down as I love the look of them.  It is interesting to me that paint colors and curtain choices are such a matter of discussion now.  It makes me feel a bit vain and self-centered, truth be told.  

What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 30 or less words, what would you say?

Unveiled by the Wolf, Book Six of The Wolves, December 2012 .  The Bauer pack is changing; Lana and Jorgen will do whatever they have to, to keep their pups safe. 

If you gave one of your characters an opportunity to speak for themselves, what would they say?

Great question!!  I think that if Lana Boxer would speak for herself, she wouldn't say much.  She would say that she is happy and ready to do whatever it takes to stay that way. 

Do you have plans for a new book? Is this book part of a series?


Absolutely!!  Book 7 of The Wolves is supposed to be released this month (I have a long road trip coming up, so I'm hoping I can stick to that deadline).  I am not going to make my series last forever; this novella will be the final one before I release two full length novels, which will then end the story of Lana Boxer. 



What books have influenced your writing?

The Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon; The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean Auel... There are too many great authors out there.  

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

She gets dogged out a lot, but I would love to meet Stephenie Meyer.  Her voice is kind of my own; a stay-at-home-mom who had stories that she wanted to write.  

Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?

E-books!  I know - shame on me.  E-books are so easy to get and you don't have books (you might not read again) cluttering up your bookcase.  

Where do you prefer to buy your books?

I have a Nook, so Barnes and Noble.  

Are you a self published (Indie) Author?

Yes!  

What book would you like to read again?

It sounds very vain, but I would love to read one of the books that I have already written again, but have not yet published.

Is there a particular movie that you preferred over the book version?

Wow.  I would have to say that I cannot think of one. 

What book are you currently reading and in what format (ebook/paperback/hardcover)?

I am currently reading House Rules by Chloe Neill in e-book format.  

Who designed the cover of your book?

Me.  I would happily outsource that if I had the capital (self-made) for that.  I have a degree in Business, so being profitable is important to me.


Do you buy a book by the cover?

Awful, but yes.  :(

Do you have a book trailer?

No.

What are your thoughts on book trailers?

They usually don't sway me.  

Do you have any advice for other writers?

Truth be told, my sales have been less than stellar since November of last year, so I would prefer that other writers get the advice of writers who are turning a great profit. 

But if I had to advise someone, I would say that they should do the best job they can do - be it editing, making their own cover art, or marketing themselves.  Even if you don't succeed, you'll be proud of yourself that you gave it your best.  


Do you write under a pen name?
No.  


Do you have a nickname? 
Cindy.  I actually go by that.

Do you ever write in your PJ’s?

Yes!  I did that a lot while my husband was out to sea.  I loved nothing more than tucking my son in at night, and taking the laptop with me to bed to write.

 
White wine or red?

Red, but I prefer beer.  

Coffee or tea?

Neither!  I gave up caffeine when I thought I would do a triathlon.  

So you like to cook? Do you have a favorite food?

I love to cook!!  I am on an Italian food kick right now.  Creamy Pasta Carbonara is my favorite right now.  Here is the recipe: http://www.justgetoffyourbuttandbake.com/?p=2094

Vanilla or chocolate ice-cream?

Vanilla.  

What do you normally eat for breakfast, of do you skip it and get straight to work?

Oatmeal.  Always.

What are 4 things you never leave home without (apart from keys, money and phone)?
My kid (I homeschool him), my keys, my cell phone, and my purse.  

Sleep in or get up early?

Get up early!


Laptop or desktop for writing?
Laptop.

Your favorite gadget -

My ereader.

Where and when do you prefer to do your writing?
Whenever I can!  Wherever I can.  
Your thoughts on receiving book reviews - the good and the bad -

Yikes.  Sigh.  Everyone loves great book reviews.  Especially me.  Bad reviews are important too, though - as long as they are constructive.  A reader once pointed out a devastating mistake I made.  I corrected it, and thanked her.  Another reader once said that I one of my characters said "Jiminy Christmas" too much and that it sounded like something out of bad movie.  That frustrated me because I was trying to curb the profanity I used in another book.  You can't please everyone, though.  That should be the lesson, I think.


Where is one place in the world that you would really love to visit someday?



The UK!  :) 

One of your favorite quotes -

The die has been cast.  Sometimes you have to let go.  

List 3 books you just recently read and would recommend?

Gosh, any book is good.  It is better than mindless internet surfing (which I am guilty of).  

List 3 of your favorite movies?

French Kiss
Bridget Jones' Diary
Dog Soldiers

An actor or a book character you have a crush on -

Every single male protagonist in my books!

What is a movie or TV show that you watched just recently and really enjoyed?
The Walking Dead.  So superb!!!  House Hunters too.  I love the people behind the home purchases.  



If your book was made into a TV series or Movie, what actors would you like to see playing your characters? Feel free to add pics.

I love this!!!  

Lana Boxer would be a younger Christa Miller (of Scrubs fame).  She has the toughness required of a big, bad wolf.
Til Schweiger would be Jorgen Bauer.  


Where can your readers stalk you?



My blog:  I need to start a new one as my webpage will not be renewed this year. 



Twitter: @criosmyers



Other:
  http://www.barnesandnoble.com/c/cyndia-rios-myers
Is your book in Print, ebook or both?

Only ebooks for now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment